Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Uh-Huh is not a word

Emma asked me a question the other day, and when I answered "uh-huh" she said, "Uh-huh is not a word." Is this the result of me asking her to use big girl words? That comment along with other things this past week have made me realize how big she is getting. One morning I walked into the t.v. room expecting her to be watching a morning cartoon. She had it on TLC and was watching "A Baby Story." WHAT?! She is so into babies these days that I immediately understood her interest. But we quickly turned it before she got an early education on where babies really come from.

When she got up from her nap today she told me this story about how the knob "suddenly" came off of her snow globe. Did I teach her that word? And as I type this blog she mimics my every move on her little laptop computer. "When did she get so big?" I ask myself. Now that Emma is 4 she reminds me daily of all the things that 4 year olds can do that 3 year olds can't do because they are too little.

Once again I am reminded to be grateful for a healthy little girl. I love to see her growing...but I wish the days would pass a little more slowly sometimes.

No comments: