Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Early Tears

Emma starts kindergarten one week from today, and I have already been crying about it! I am just not ready for her to grow up. For the past 5 years Emma and I have done virtually everything together. I would take her to business meetings with me and she would just sit quietly. I would take her shopping or on trips (she loves to travel) or on lots and lots of play dates. I cannot imagine my days without her. Granted she is only going to half-day school, which equates to 3 hours each day, but I am having trouble imagining what I will do without her doing that time. I can't imagine not hearing her sweet voice singing or not having her help with the little things that are hard for me to do right now or just not snuggling with her watching cartoons.

I have some special things in mind for us this week so we can make the most of our time together. On the flip side, Emma is so excited that each day she asks me "how many days left?" She can't wait to put on her new school clothes, pack her special snack into her new backpack and go learn and play with the other kids. I'm thankful she is so excited! She is so eager to learn all the time that I know this will be an amazing experience for her. And I am trusting God to show me how to fill my time without my precious Emma.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only half a day? That is great! Vivian had to go all day last year... from 7:50 to 3. It was HORRIBLE! I think at Kindergarten they're too young to do that.... but I know I"d be horrible a homeschooling and she had too much fun with her friends....

I cried my eyes out for the first week. Then it slowly got better as I realized all the things I could get done in those hours. I'll be praying for you, I know it's hard, very hard for us mommies!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my son was a 1/2 day kindergartner too! I remember the first couple of weeks or so I'd put my hand down when going into the store which indicated he should put his hand in mine and I felt so sad. But, you are right...he was excited and it was so good for him! Just know that we have been through it too.

I, too, will be praying for you to get through those first few weeks. Tears are okay and perfectly acceptable!

(((HUGS))) to you!

Anonymous said...

UHHHHHH...I am with you on this one! Caden will be going for a full day in a week and a 1/2. I cried the other night too! It is awful to think about our babies not being home with us! I will be praying for you often! Only 74 days to go girl :)

Anonymous said...

How to fill your time?
Well...You're going to have a new baby soon. Will that do? *grin*

Anonymous said...

I've never had any children,but heard all the moms saying they cry forever. But i'm sure when baby #2 comes,you'll be so busy,and Emma will miss you as much as you'll miss her.But I'm sure it'll even be more special when she gets home.
74 more days,I can't wait for you and your family to have your baby!