Monday, February 8, 2010

Beauty Divine

Today I'm feeling reflective. Pensive. Anxious. Alone. There's just a mix of feelings that when you put them all together add up to a big jumbled heart.

I've been praying all morning...for peace, wisdom, guidance, strength. We have a lot on our emotional plates right now. A family member dying. A family member's unexpected passing. A family member's extended illness. Conflicting schedules. Disappointments.

As I was sitting and reflecting on some Scripture I had read, I became aware of a song playing in the background. It was "Beauty Divine" by Brandon Heath. I heard these words, and they spoke volumes to me.

"Quiet your mind...We're not alone. He makes Himself known in time. His own time."

I'm thankful for this reminder today. I am not alone. I have a friend who is "Himself my peace."

2 comments:

Lan said...

Dear Cristina,

Take heart, dear friend. I know exactly how it feels to have to quiet my mind and wait upon God to act. "Be still and know that I am God." Ps.46:10. God does have his perfect time and his perfect way in ordering events in our lives. If you can't see his hand, trust his heart.

=) Lani

Lorie said...

I'll pray for you and your family Christina! HUGS!