Thursday, March 10, 2011

Purity

"Purity comes with a radical attitude toward the thought life." (Beth Moore, David)

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your MIND and with all your strength." ~ Mark 12:30

"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart (thoughts) be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and redeemer." ~ Psalm 19:14

I began this 2nd day of Lent meditating on these truths. In order to have the mind of Christ, I must think as he does. It's a radical departure from the selfish, worldy, impure thoughts that usually consume me. Thankfully, His Word tells me exactly how I should think.

"Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy...think about such things." ~ Phillipians 4:6-7

Lord, I pray you will garrison my mind with truth. Protect my thoughts from going astray. Let the helmet of salvation cover my head so tightly that all I ponder today leads back to you and the sacrifice you made for me on the cross.

No comments: