Monday, April 18, 2011

Dinner with the President

On Saturday night Tim and I had a special date with George W Bush. It was just us and the 43rd president of the United States...and over 1,000 other people. But come on, how many people get to say they had dinner with a U.S. president?!

President Bush was the keynote speaker at a fundraiser banquet for Emma's school - Colorado Springs Christian School. He was so funny (something I didn't know about him) and yet so humble and down to earth. He was very gracious as he spoke about the political climate of our country and current president...not willing to speak ill of either.

Since photography was not allowed, this is the only picture I have of the evening. I was embarrassed when I saw this picture because - to me and my hair - it is pretty evident that I spent the afternoon in bed with a fever and horrible sore throat. But I wanted you to see my handsome date!

What a fabulous evening!

1 comment:

Bubba and SweetnLow said...

You are silly!! You look great!! Glad you guys go to enjoy that dinner!! I am friends with a couple couple that headed it up....lots of work!! So glad President Bush came to speak here!