Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three things on Thursday

1.) I'm not a big chocolate or candy gal, but I am in love with these chocolates! I bought them for a baby shower and discovered they are divine! They are now my guilty pleasure...a little treat to myself every now and then.

2.) Nate and I have a favorite book that we read every single night (and often during the day). Check out The Little Blue Truck and tell me what you think. It has the cutest graphics and a fun rhyming story, which ends with the moral of helping each other and being nice. Every time we get ready to read it Nate says, "That's my favorite one." And I have to agree.

3.) I've gotten back into biking. Over the past couple of months I've been biking an average of 4 times a week. Most often its Nate and I (he adds another element to the workout with the trailer), but Emma and Tim often join us. Family bike rides are my fave!

I have a mountain bike with cross over tires, which means they are skinnier and give me more speed than regular mountain bike tires. But I've been debating a road bike. I'd like to do more bike races instead of foot races, so a road bike would be in order. However, I am hesitant to even ride on the road around here.So I'm looking for friends who have road bike experience. What type of bike do you ride? How much difference does it make in performance compared to what I have? We most often ride the Santa Fe trail, so either bike is fine for that trail. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Happy Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Will have to try the candy. Well actually maybe not- it might be better to not know what I am missing. I am seriously lacking self control with food these days. I don't know if it the working out or the nursing, but I feel like I need to eat. All. The. Time.

Thanks for the tip on the book- we will see if the library has it. We are always looking for new good books- especially about trucks. (One of Silas' favorite topics). :)

Enjoy your 4th of July weekend! :)