Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Building the Blocks

A few months ago I came across this blog: Building the Blocks, and I was so moved by what I read and saw. This family is such an inspiration! They have 4 biological children and 5 adopted children. And now they are preparing to move to Guatemala where they can make a difference in the lives of more orphans.Once I read their story, I knew I wanted to get involved.

You see, prior to discovering the Block's blog God had been speaking to my heart about orphans. Everywhere I looked I would hear about orphans in need. I didn't know what God had in mind, but I shared it with Tim and we both began to pray about it. In the mean time, I was planning a garage sale to get rid of lots of baby things and items that had collected in our attic over the years.

The two came together one morning in church when I very clearly felt God tell me the money we raised from the garage sale should go to the Block family. I was so excited!!! I made up signs and displayed them on the day of our sale.


Even Emma got excited about it and decided to donate all her lemonade money!


In one day we made $500 for the Block family. I love how God connects families and that He chose us as vessels to help this precious family. I hope you'll get involved, too. Read the Block's blog and get inspired!

P.S. We have also decided to take a family field trip to the Compassion International headquarters and let our kids pick children to sponsor on a monthly basis. Little by little we can all make a huge difference!

No comments: