Thursday, July 7, 2011

Three things on Thursday

1.) My friend Emily posted this quote on her blog, and I liked it so much I decided to borrow it.

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control."
- Francis Chan (Crazy Love)

2.) Today was one of my perfect summer days! I started the day with breakfast and God time on the deck. Then the kids and I went for a 2 hour bike ride. We had a great time, but it was pretty hot so we decided to head to the pool. So we spent two hours at the pool, which was made even better by running into good friends we hadn't seen in a while. Now we are home - Nate is napping. Emma is playing games. And I'm getting blog time. A nice quiet dinner on the deck will round out this wonderful summer day.

3.) Danny Oertli, a very talented local musician, posted a great blog about parenting. I've read it many times mainly because I find comfort in the fact that I'm not the only parent that messes up from time to time. This is a cute story!

No comments: