Friday, September 14, 2007

Yes, it can get worse...

So as I was saying, yesterday was a tough day. But I thought things were turning around ~ mostly because I watched a funny youtube video (yes, I can be that simple). As it turned out ~ things did get worse. A close family member went "missing" for about 7 hours yesterday. In the end (which was around midnight) she turned up unharmed and bewildered at our concern. Apparently it was all a misunderstanding. I wonder how the sheriff's offices in three counties felt about that since we had them all on alert for her?!

I spent countless hours in prayer yesterday. That's never a bad thing. But in my desperation for peace, for answers, for guidance - I found myself at the feet of Jesus (a place I should find myself more often).

I didn't get much sleep last night. My eyes are glazed today ~ my head is foggy ~ my body is weak ~ but my heart is clear. This is I know ~ God is sovereign ALL the time. He is in control and we have to trust Him. Sometimes those lessons are hard but they are worth the bumps and bruises.

No comments: