Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is it OK with you if I have a bad day?

I'm not having a bad day today but yesterday I did. It was just one of those days that I call "the breaking point." Yes ~ I broke. All the king's men couldn't put me back together but don't worry ~ The King did! I'm OK today but yesterday was a different story. I was just frustrated with life and the lack of positive change that I have been praying for. Then it happened ~ one lady opened her mouth and put me over the edge.

Thankfully the Holy Spirit kept my mouth shut, but the one lady did enough damage with her hurtful words that I had to spend the rest of the evening in prayer. I guess that's never a bad thing...to be in prayer...no matter what leads us there.

But here's the point (there really is a great point to this, I think). When I am having a bad day like yesteray, I don't need a sermon...or Bible verses flippantly thrown my way...or condemning questions about why I might be having such a day...or someone trying to "fix it." NO! All I need is someone to listen to my pity party and say, "I'm sorry." Sometimes it's just a bad day, and I just need to feel like I have been heard and that someone can relate.

I'm just grateful that my King does understand and He doesn't condemn. He just says, "Come to me...all who are weary...and I will give you rest." And that's exactly what the King of Kings did for me last night.

No comments: