Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Go ROCKIES!

The last time I watched the World Series I was pregnant and sick as a dog confined to bed. We didn't have cable so there were three channels to choose from. Because I can't stand most of those corny nighttime comedy or drama shows, I landed on the World Series. I remember it so well. It was the year Boston got the "monkey off their backs" and won. They were a real underdog but came out on top. It was very cool ~ I love it when that happens.

And so the Colorado Rockies find themselves in a similar situation. NO ONE thought they would even make it as a wild card. Now here they are ~ going to the World Series. I have watched all the play off games with my husband, and they have all been very exciting! It's not like I am this huge baseball fan, but when "your team" is winning it's hard not to jump on the bandwagon. The excitement buzzing around town is awesome! Colorado is excited about their Rockies!!! I'm excited about the Rockies!!!

And I really needed some excitement. The past couple of months have been hard for us as a family. We have dealt with ongoing illness and several disappointments as a result. This weekend Emma and I were supposed to go to Texas (my home) to visit family. It is a trip we take every year and plan months in advance. But, sadly, it won't be happening. At least not this weekend.

As I walked to the mailbox just a few minutes ago, I was reminded of how blessed I am. There are about a dozen butterflies living in a bush out front. They are so beautiful to watch. I looked around and remembered God's goodness to us. I live in a beautiful place. And this photo taken by my neighbor is a great reminder of that fact. This is taken from the top of our street.



I'm not only blessed by where I live. I am blessed with a Godly husband who is my best friend and we have tons of fun together. I am blessed with a beautiful, bright little girl who loves to make us laugh. I'm blessed with wonderful family who live close by and dear, sweet friends (near and far). I'm blessed to serve a loving God whose compassions are new every morning for me. What more could I ask for?!

No comments: