Thursday, December 13, 2007

Baking Frenzy

Yesterday Emma and I made two dozen chocolate dipped pretzels ~ one of Emma's favorite holiday treats.




Today we set our sites even higher and made 17 dozen cookies! Yep ~ I don't know how we did it, but it was lots of fun! We sang sang along to the Christmas music and made a big mess of the kitchen. Here's what we made:

Nutter Butter Santa Cookies



Sugar Cookies (The secret ingredients are sour cream that makes them so soft and a hint of nutmeg. It's my mother-in-law's recipe and its the best I have ever had.)


Spritz cookies dipped in white chocolate ~ some with sprinkles (A hint of almond extract makes these yummy!)


Spritz cookies dipped in milk chocolate & drizzled with white chocolate


Spice Crackle cookies (My husband loves these cookies made with molasses, ground ginger and crystallized ginger.)


And there were several dozen regular spritz cookies ~ some plain, some with sprinkles. I just realized I didn't get a picture of those.

Here are some pictures from the fun day we had! It looks like Emma did all the work, huh?! She definitely got to do all the fun parts!







I have several more cookies on my to-do list, but after today I need a serious break!

No comments: