Wednesday, January 9, 2008

God's Favor & A Girls Night Out

Last night I went to a girl's night out at church where Kelly Minter was the guest worship leader and speaker. Kelly often leads music at my church, but I have never heard her speak. I was very impressed. She has a new Bible study out called "No Other Gods," which of course I bought and can't wait to dive into.

At one point during her talk she challenged us to look back on 2007 and remember God's goodness to us. I have done this often, but I've never put it in on paper. So as I get ready to do that this afternoon, I wanted to share a few highlights with you.

It was one of the hardest years we have ever faced, but it was also one of the best years because Tim and I grew in our relationship with God. I have already shared some of the things I learned in 2007 (click here to read that post), so this post is all about how I have witnessed God's goodness in my life.

~ HE blessed us with the opportunity to take some wonderful trips (and kept us safe). We went to Florida twice (once to Disney and once to Clearwater Beach), many fun weekend camping trips, a week at Navajo Lake (our fave), and a couple trips to TX to visit my relatives.
~ HE brought Tim through knee surgery. What we thought would be 6 days of recovery turned into 6 weeks because his knee was much worse than the MRI showed. But it is doing great now!
~ HE protected us from a frivolous law suit.
~ HE sustained Tim through a lengthy illness and restored him. Through this HE also transformed our hearts and minds and drew us into a more intimate relationship with our Savior.
~ HE allowed me the opportunity to lead a Bible study for 50 women.
~ HE blessed us with new friendships.
~ HE restored a broken relationship in our lives, which has turned out to be sweet fellowship.
~ HE gave us the opportunity to facilitate a small group called Starting Point for nonbelievers or new believers who are seeking answers.

The list goes on....

God truly has been good in the ups and downs from the past year. I am thankful that no matter what happens in this life I am able to say, "God is still on the throne."

No comments: