Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Love Story

It was 10 years ago today that Tim asked me to marry him.

He was living in St. Louis, attending chiropractic school; and I was one-year post college, working as a crisis counselor in Colorado. We had been dating for over three years, almost all of which was long distance. Tim flew home for the weekend and picked me up from work to go out to dinner.

As we were heading to the restaurant, he took a "wrong" turn and we ended up at Liberty Point ~ a lookout over Pueblo Reservoir. It was there he got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. I was ecstatic!

We did make it to the Italian restaurant eventually, and we were both in our own little world! We could hardly eat because we were starring lovingly into each other's eyes and gazing at my pear-shaped diamond ring in between. I don't know if anyone else knew we had just gotten engaged, but we felt as if the world had stopped to celebrate our love!

Sounds cheezy, I know, but I remember it like yesterday. We were so in love then, and we are in love even more now. How is that possible?! That was one of the happiest days of my life (next to the day we got married and the day our daughter was born). We were supposed to leave for an anniversary trip to Jamaica tomorrow, but persistent morning sickness has caused us to postpone. We will go next spring.

Our anniversary is July 3, so hopefully I will feel well enough to celebrate in some way then. But even if we stay home and I sip soup from a spoon, I will celebrate the wonderful man God blessed me with and the wonderful marriage we have shared for 10 years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I have snot all over my face now. Thanks for such a sweet story. He sure is a blessed man!

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor girl,still not feeling well huh! That is such a beautiful story you just wrote,that picture of you and hubby is perfect !!!
I hope you do get to go on your trip to Jamaica!!!
Get well hugs girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a truly amazing love story. I found your blog through Courtney's. Hope things are getting better for you and you're feeling better soon.