Friday, January 14, 2011

There's a stirring...

I didn't make any New Year resolutions...or even write out my yearly list of goals and dreams. I've just wrestled with this stirring deep within me. It's a stirring that beckons me to the Word of God throughout the day, wakens me in the night to pray, calms my anxious thoughts and deepens my longing for more of Him! That's my focus for 2011 - more of HIM! To know Him...not just by name...but in relationship and experience. To keep my pace in step with the Holy Spirit...to keep my eyes focused on the author and perfector of my faith...to laugh at the days to come because I know they belong to my Lord. May you also feel a stirring deep within that will take you to new heights in the new year. We serve a gracious, merciful and just King. We are blessed!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

You gave me goosebumps. That is exactly where I am right now, too. I have always heard the phrase, "A hunger for the Word," but never really understood it until this past year. I had decided to take a year off of reading my Daily Bible and focus on studying a few books of the Bible more deeply, but every time I walk by it I am drawn to it. What a blessing to be captivated by God. Thanks for sharing.

Tom Eckert said...

Thanks for the post dear friend. I have to say that this finds Tom and myself in the very same place. After the transplant, we made the decision to go to Biblical Marriage Counseling. It seemed like life had taken such a toll on us at that point. Best decision that we have ever made. It has turned into more of a discipleship class pointing us toward our faithful, sovereighn, and magnificant, God. It amazes me how that answers to any problem which one may have, can be found so clearly in the Word of God. May we all truly live each day doing what we were so plainly in scripture created to do, "Glorify God". Love you girl, Bethany