Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Nate's Turn

Nate developed chicken pox this week. We were anticipating him getting them after Emma had them, and I was glad they hadn't passed him by. I'd rather have him get it over with, and the truth is you rarely hear of kids getting chicken pox anymore.

But it's still hard to see your babies not feeling well. We had plans to go to the zoo yesterday with all the cousins, so we had to cancel. For the rest of the day Nate would say, "I feel better now. I can go to the zoo. Will you take me there?"

Emma had such a mild case that she only felt bad for a couple days, and she was completely scabbed over by day six. I'm praying the same is true for Nate.

Before summer got here, I was longing - even praying - for slow days with no schedule. Well we've spent the first two weeks of summer mostly isolated due to chicken pox. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I am enjoying lots of play time with the kids, lots of cuddles and fun conversations.

No comments: