Thursday, June 16, 2011

White Chicken Chili

My sister-in-law, Judi, makes this yummy white chicken chili, so I asked her to share her recipe with me. My whole family loves this! This is my version...adjusted...since I rarely follow a recipe.



2 cans white kidney beans, undrained
2 cans navy beans, undrained
1 large can/jar green chile
1 can Mexicorn
1 cup frozen corn
3 or 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
16 oz chicken broth
Approx. 16 ounces of water

I cook the chicken in a crock pot with 1 cup salsa for 3 or 4 hours. Shred the chicken then add to other ingredients in crock pot. (Pour out the drippings from the chicken.) Add enough water to desired consistency. I also added some onion powder and all-purpose seasoning, so add your favorite seasonings to taste.

I serve this with Texas cornbread (recipe to come in another post) and shredded Monterey Jack cheese.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: