Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three things on Thursday

1) I was seriously thinking about taking a summer break from blogging until I read my friend Emily's blog and copied her post title. The thing is...I love blogging! But I have been very distracted playing with my kids this week. We've had a picnic every single day (even Monday when it rained...we picnicked in the basement). We've played Barbies, the Wii, and finished a 500 piece puzzle (thanks Grandma for the difficult glow-in-dark puzzle). We went to the pool for the first time today since summer break started (good riddance chicken pox)! So I may not take a complete break from blogging, but my guess is you'll see much less of me as I soak up all the free time I have with my kids. I'm loving our "no schedule" summer!!! (And that's a big deal coming from a gal who lives by her calendar.)

2) I started today in traffic court. Not something I've shared with anyone - (yes it's embarrassing) - and now it's out there for the world wide web. I was so upset and anxious about the whole thing when it first happened three weeks ago, but I worked through it with God and He gave me overwhelming peace about it all. By the time I left the house this morning, I was slightly annoyed at the inconvenience (it cut into my play time with the kids), but I was not the least bit anxious. I was only there an hour, but I managed to memorize Psalm 19 during my wait. That's what I call "God working all things for good." Let's just say it cost me a pretty penny to memorize that verse!

3) Next weekend Tim and I will be going to Breckenridge to celebrate our 13 year anniversary! How can it be?! I don't feel old enough to be married that long.... This will be our first anniversary trip without our kids. We've always taken family vacation the week of our anniversary; so needless to say, I am SUPER excited. We'll be staying at the same place where we spent part of our honeymoon. (It should be dually noted that the kids are equally excited to spend the weekend with Nanny and Papa!)

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Hey, Cristina...you should blog when you want and not feel bad about it at all. We will be here when you get back. We have all had traffic problems so don't worry about that either (I just got pulled over 2 weeks ago...no ticket though, thank God) and your anniversary weekend sounds WONDERFUL! Have fun!