Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Today I turned 34. I tried to spend time reflecting on my life today but, to be honest, I didn't get far. It was a great day though, so I will recap the highlights.

Emma was so excited when she woke up. She came running into my bedroom with a card that she had written her name on all by herself. Then she sang Happy Birthday to me on her microphone. It was adorable.

We opened presents before breakfast because we were all in a hurry to get out the door. Yes ~ my hair was still wet. Tim and Emma got me some great gifts! And Emma did an awesome job of wrapping all the gifts on her own.



Then it was off to breakfast with some girlfriends from Young Life. Emma and I had an omelet with roasted potatoes and toast. YUM! On our way out Emma suggested we buy three different desserts from the bakery for my birthday. I thought that was a great idea so I obliged. I got my very favorite dessert in all the world ~ creme brulee. I let Emma pick out a slice of mint chocolate cake and we got a slice of fruit torte.

The mail brought more surprises ~ cards from friends and family who live far away. That brought me such happiness reading those cards! Thank you! After school and swim lessons, Emma and I did a little shopping. I had a BOGO coupon for Yankee Candle and as luck would have it ~ one of their new scents is creme brulee. Love it!

After a quick birthday dinner we dove into our desserts. The creme brulee was some of the best I have ever had. And Emma nearly devoured the entire piece of mint chocolate cake. She would have finished it off if I had let her. But I tried to show some good judgement and said we should save the rest for tomorrow.



Those beautiful flowers in the background are from my Dad. He left them on my doorstep last night when we were out for an early birthday dinner. We went to Casa Bonita in Denver where they have cliff divers and much more. Emma loved it!


www.casabonitadenver.com

Then Mommy got to pick the activity for the evening so we did puzzles as a family. I love puzzles and I rarely get to do them. Tonight we did Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and Hello Kitty. Hey ~ they all had 100 pieces so it was a bit of a challenge. OK ~ well getting them sorted was the challenging part but I loved it just the same.

But seriously, I do have to say how blessed I feel to have an awesome Godly husband who is my best friend and a beautiful, healthy daughter who brings so much joy into my life. I have wonderful family and friends ~ old and new ~ and the daily provisions of a God who loves me more than I can imagine.

I am grateful to be here at 34, and I'm anticipating BIG things from God in the year ahead.

No comments: