Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jesus' Birthday

We decorated for Christmas last weekend and Emma has said every day since "I'm so thankful for Jesus' birthday!"

Here she is picking the first Christmas CD of the season.


Every year I take a picture of Tim and Emma laying under the tree. This is their special tradition and they usually read Christmas books.



Here they are decorating Emma's little trees. She has this advent book filled with tiny ornament books. You read one each day of December and it takes you through the Biblical account of the Christmas story. Each night after we read a book, she hangs the book ornament on one of her little trees. This is a really fun and special tradition that we started when she was one. Don't ask where I got the advent book. It is out of print. I searched high and low to find one and finally scored a used one (with a hefty price) on Amazon.com. It was well worth it though.



I am happy to say that I have all my Christmas shopping done! Now I can focus on special Christmas projects with Emma. Most of them come from my all time favorite Christmas book The ADVENTure of Christmas. If you don't have it, it's a must buy! It guides you through teaching your kids about Christ in every Christmas tradition from Santa Clause to lights on the tree to sending Christmas cards. I've bought it for more friends than I can count.

*Click on the "shopping" link when you go to the website for the book.*

No comments: