Tuesday, September 9, 2008

May I boast a little?

"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." ~ 2 Corinthians 10:17

Yesterday after Emma's cross country practice I had this strong urge to boast about what a great little runner she is. But there was something even bigger going on in my heart, and it was all the things God had done for us in the past 24 hours or so.

You see, Tim and I still have some BIG prayers that we are waiting for God to answer. And I will admit I have had my times of doubting whether God really will answer those prayers. But God...(don't you just love those two words?)...He showed up in a big way for us by answering some "smaller" prayers.

God showed us His faithfulness by sustaining us in a time of need and by carrying us through some difficult hours. It was all I needed to know that, yes, God would answer our prayers...in His time and in His way. I was reminded that not only does God care about the BIG picture things we pray about but He also cares about our individual days. And He is in the business of changing both!

So I will put off boasting about Emma and her running talent so I can brag about my God. He is faithful. He is good. He is my every need.

P.S. Beth Moore blogged about this very thing yesterday, and she says it much more eloquently than I do. Why don't you read how God spoke to her about this very thing on a post called Seed and Bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"He is faithful. He is good."
Yes He is!
Praying for you today, dear friend. And trusting HIM for the answers.